CHIEF ACCOUNTANT with IFRS experience
We are looking for a CHIEF ACCOUNTANT with IFRS experience
Our Client is a multinational gas company, which is representing a likeable brand in the Oil industry.
The office is located in Budapest +2 days home office/week(max)
Attractive base salary
- Provide accounting guidance to accounting units of Group subsidiaries;
- Manage Group Accounting Policy, provide and recommend changes, assisting with updating and maintaining accounting policies and procedures including preparation of accounting memos, coordinate Dutch, Hungarian and Romanian and any other subsidiaries’ accounting activities;
- First point of contact to external auditors (for Dutch and Hungarian), assist in Group auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations for external auditors;
- Responsible for preparing the quarterly and annual reports based on IFRS and managing the internal and external review for these documents
- Assist with creating and maintaining the Quarterly reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, BOD packages, shareholder and 3rd party lenders releases and annual report, manage and supervise quarterly consolidation package including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports.
- Coordinate Dutch, Hungarian and Romanian and any other subsidiaries’ accounting activities
- Supervise the preparation and process of month-end close, related journal entries, consolidation and reconciliations (if any) including IC positions
- Be assigned other special projects, including annual budgets, as required
- Supply information and support to other functions
- Assist with performing research of identified reporting and accounting issues, prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner and advise management accordingly
Accounting – Hungary
- Evaluate computerized accounting systems used by Group subsidiaries and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements.
- Ensure that record-keeping and accounts meet the conditions of funders or statutory bodies
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Ensure accountants receive proper training in line with Company requirements.
- Supervise accounting record management
- Supervise the preparation of monthly reports for JV partners and ensure that deadlines are met
Treasury / Hungarian level
- Manage bank accounts (initiate wire transfers, fx changes, supervise bank authorities)
- Set up appropriate systems/procedures for book-keeping, payments, lodgements & petty cash
- Ensure everyone handling money keeps proper records and documentation
- Manage bank guarantees
- Manage intercompany loan drawdowns, pre-payments, repayments and documentations of these
- Supervise compliance with tax legislation (with central and local tax authorities)
- Manage tax planning
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions (with tax advisor help)
- Be fluent in Hungarian and English
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office applications
If your qualifications met with the job requirements, please send your CV to
Please add the subject line: ,, CHIEF ACCOUNTANT "
In case of any quastion please contact with us: +36706726563
Check all open positions: